OK 10 would’ve sounded better but I could only think of 9!
1. join with them
2. stay and watch the lessons rather than drop them off
3. bring them at least twice a week
4. take them to additional events such as competitions, seminars & demonstrations, whenever possible
5. watch them perform their patterns at home
6. help them learn their theory
7. talk to them about their progress
8. ask the instructor if there’s anything they need to work on which could be practised at home
9. speak to the instructor straight away if they have any worries
Most of the above apply from tots right up to older teenagers.